Weavile gets a new version in the upcoming Ultra Prism expansion set, and I think it’s going to be GOOD. This is the Pokemon that everyone is glossing over – and I have no clue why because it does fifty damage times the number of your opponent’s Pokemon with abilities.
– Darkness – Dark Bond – 50x
This attack does 50 damage times the number of your opponent’s Pokémon with Abilities.
So let’s see how many of the prospective top meta decks at Collinsville will run multiple Pokemon with abilities? Umm how about ALL OF THEM. Seriously, Glaceon GX, Magnezone, Zoroark GX, Leafeon GX, Vikavolt, Octillery, Oranguru, Lycanroc, Volcanion, Garbodor… how much longer do you want me to go on? Do you think your opponent’s really going to say, “Oh it’s turn 1 but I’m not going to play my Tapu Lele and go get Zorua because you’ve got a Sneasal out in play?” No! He’s going to throw down that Lele, go get a couple Zorua and you’ll be hitting for 150 minimum in a turn or two. Seriously, no doubt in my mind that this card will punish your opponent’s hard in Collinsville. This card is on nobody’s radar.
Pokemon to complement Weavile:
- Zoroark GX – this is a no brainer, and STOP THE PRESSES you might actually get to use Zoroark’s GX attack… which is umm … uh … oh yeah I forgot it’s the one that lets you steal any of your opponent’s attacks (seriously I don’t know if I’ve ever seen this attack used even once).
- The other Weavile (BUS, you know with the attack with the awesome name Rule of Evil) … will for obvious reasons NOT be making a cameo appearance in this decklist. I guess you could run it if you didn’t run Zoroark GX, maybe it would work with a spread deck but I just don’t think they have good synergy.
- Hoopa – I could see some trolling coming out of this deck, but there will be a lot of Volcanion, maybe that Sining Genesect will make somewhat of an appearance, yesterday’s Alolan Dugtrio deck… so yeah maybe the meta will be balanced and prepared for Hoopa’s shenanigans, and Hoopa might be a pass.
- Choice Band – Yes. You’re a one attachment attacker that’s going to get KO’d every turn, just go for the max damage.
- Bursting Balloon – maybe? just a thought
- Evosoda – no brainer in this deck
- Mallow – whenever you have Zoroark you should carry at least a couple of Mallow
- Rescue Stretcher – not sure that it’s a 4 of but at least a couple
Maybe all dark energy? Unlike Rule of Evil, Dark Bond requires a Dark energy. If you end up running Hoopa, then definitely include DCE.
I really think Weavile is going to have an impact. Obviously, it’s not a stand alone Pokemon, but it will do damage. A Volcanion player is going to bench his Big Daddy Volcs. A Zoroark player is going to bench the GX. We’re all going to play Lele. Weavile’s going to do some damage to your opponent at some point in the game. It’s the ultimate deterrent, really – if your opponent decides not to bench their Pokemon with abilities, they run a serious risk of losing the game.