Hello all – well, we made it through the first month of Ultra Prism, and here are my stats for you. I started over with February since it’s not really fair to compare Feb. numbers to September numbers since the meta has changed so much! Just to give you a little bit of a comparison, here are the most common Pokemon I came across back in September:
And here are the most common Pokemon this month:
And here’s how they did against me in February:
Boy was I wrong about Dialga! And although Hoopa looks like it dominated me, I think there were a lot of times when the Hoopster went straight from hand to discard considering I ran Greninja or Garbodor BKP a total of 105 times in February.
Overall, I went 146 W 122 L 54% this month. My best decks were:
- Golisopod Garbodor BKP (version 2.5) 13 W 4 L 76%
- Silvally GX Zoroark GX 19 W 6 L 76%
- Golisopod Garbodor BKP (version 2.4) 26 W 11 L 70%
- Greninja Break 9 W 4 L 69%
Against meta decks I went 39 W 49 L 44%. My best decks:
- Golisodor 2.5 7 W 0 L 100%
- Silvally GX Zoroark GX 5 W 2 L 71%
Overall:Vs. Meta Decks ONLY
Vs. Meta Decks:
90% of the decks I faced ran at least 1 Pokemon with an ability. I won 68% of the time against decks that did not field a Pokemon with an ability.
Only 13% of the decks I faced ran hammers. I won 56% of the time against decks that ran hammers, 54% against decks that didn’t.
Big Picture Points
Here are my takeaways from the first month post UP:
- We (and definitely I am included in this group) significantly overrated the potency of Pokemon in this set. There’s a reason I was struggling so much at the beginning of the month to get a UP decklist that could break .500.
- At my lowest point this month, I dropped below 40% win pct. I ended up finishing 54%. At one point I went 18 W 3 L. If you’re having a bad streak, if you’re struggling, sometimes just keep fighting through it, sometimes rethink the way you’re doing things. I blew up my Golisodor deck a little bit (pulled GRI Garb and Rainbow energy) and wound up taking that to Collinsville – it was my best deck by far!
- Silvally GX is REALLY good – go try my list from the other day if you don’t believe me.
- The biggest factor in whether I win or lose is whether my opponent is running a meta deck or not.
Alright hope this gives you all something to think about!