Hello readers, I’ve finally managed to compile all data from Limitlesstcg.com between when FLI first became Standard legal and this past weekend. Here’s the data from all available top finishing decks from Tours through Mexico City. There were a total of 160 decklists available. I’m just laying out the stats themselves this time, I’m not putting them into context with any prior stats.
The thing that really shocks me: 53% of decks ran Strong energy. More than half of these decks were Fighting types… and only 48% ran Basic Fighting energy, meaning 5% of Fighting decks didn’t even run any Basic Fighting energy!
So besides the fact that we live in the golden era of Fighting decks, what are the big takeaways here?
- N may be played in more decks, but Guzma has supplanted it as the Supporter with the largest number of actual cards.
- Sycamore (3.04), N (2.61), and Cynthia (2.33) combine to total 7.98 draw cards per deck.
- Here’s your meta:
- Zoroark GX
- Buzzwole GX / Baby Buzzwole
- Fighting and Psychic energy combine for 81% of the meta.
- Two thirds of decks are running Field Blower, but they’re averaging 2.39 Field Blowers per deck. That means your third or fourth Wishful Baton or Frying Pan might actually not get knocked off.
- Only 11% of decks are running Garbotoxin Garbodor. That’s actually a lot more than the 4% (10 times in 273 matches) that I’ve seen BKP Garb this month on PTCGO.
In the next day or two, I’m going to put out a list of the most common cards that are rotating out of Standard as well.